As featured in blog post #4: Sriracha Swag.
Sriracha Ice Cream Sundaes
I’ve designed one sundae for the coffee/chocolate addict and one sundae for the fruit/nut lover. Both of these are party desserts sure to please, and surprise 🙂
Molten Mayan Mocha Sundae:
- 2 scoops coffee ice cream
- 2 tablespoons hot fudge
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon salted pistachios, shelled
For those with a chocolate tooth, this is the dessert for you. Heat the hot fudge for 10-20 seconds, then mix in the cinnamon and Sriracha. Scoop out about two scoops of coffee ice cream into a bowl, drizzle with hot fudge, and top with pistachios. Enjoy!
Hot-Lanta Peach Sundae:
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 fresh peach, skinned, pitted, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons gingersnaps, crumbled
Mix the peach slices, sugar, and Sriracha together and let sit for 20-30 minutes. This lets the peaches macerate, releasing delicious peach juice (the concentration gradient of sugar is higher outside of the peaches when you coat them in white sugar, so it draws moisture out of the fruit. This mixes with the sugar and you get a thick peach flavored syrup. It also occurs with cut strawberries #sciencegeek). Once the peaches are juicy, scoop out two scoops of vanilla ice cream. Top with peaches, pecans, and gingersnap pieces. Bon App!
Gluten Free Bonus Version:
- exclude the gingersnap pieces from the Hot-Lanta
- make sure the nuts are from a gluten free facility, as some crossover contamination is possible
- keep the Sriracha – its gluten free!
Want to print this for all your besties? Of course you do! Click the link for an easy to print one-page pdf file: Sriracha Ice Cream Sundaes