As featured in blog post #11: Cultella, The Coven of Delicious.
Grilled Chicken Wings in Nu-Thai-tella Wing Sauce
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 2 tablespoons toasted, shredded coconut
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha (add more if you like things super spicy)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic paste
- salt, to taste
Combine all ingredients, seasoning with salt to taste.
- 1 dozen chicken wings, raw
- 1 batch wing sauce, recipe above
- handful of cilantro, to serve
- 1 tablespoon toasted coconut, to serve
Bake chicken wings on a broiler pan (it allows the grease to drip away) for 25 minutes at 375F. Flip once, then bake for another 20 minutes. This baking step cooks the wings thoroughly while also reducing the grease of the wings. The chicken grease is what causes flair ups on a grill. After your wings have baked, heat a grill on high. Microwave the wing sauce for about 10-15 seconds so it is warm. Now grill your wings to make them all crispy and smoky, then toss them in the wing sauce. Garnish with coconut and cilantro and serve to your super lucky guests. Bon app y’all!